Monday, September 27, 2010

WELCOME BABY AVA


In November I will become a Great Grandmother for the first time. I am so excited about this little baby.
She will be named Ava June. Today I made this collage to put on a card that is going in a box along with numerous items that baby Ava will need. The image of a baby on the right of the card is actually a photo of Ava's Mommy when she was 6 months old.


Here is the card.

Next month is her Mommy's birthday. You remember my granddaughter Melissa? The one that came to visit me here in Coos Bay? Well she loves mermaids and anything that has to do with the ocean.


I made this collage which hangs at the moment in my space at the mini mall but I made it with her in mind so I made a birthday card for her using a print of the collage. The collage background is fabric and the image is paper embellished with glitter and the pearls on her hair are real cultured pearls.
It measures 12 x 14 in it's wooden frame which is also embellished with aqua pearls on the corners.


Here is the card embellished with ric a rac.

7 comments:

Junibears said...

Dear Patti,
I am absolutely delighted at your good news! it's wonderful.
I love the collage and cards you have made, and the baby's name.
Congratulations to my future Great Grandma friend!
Hugs
June xx

Sueann said...

Oh how exciting!! Congrats!! And the cards and collage are fabulous. She will love them!
Hugs
SueAnn

Angela said...

Congrats! Beautiful baby, name, and art!
Angela

readingsully2 said...

What beautiful keepsake for the new greatgrandbaby. I really like the card.

My daughter is also partial to anything related to the ocean and this card is beautiful.

Lydia said...

Congrats!!!! Such fun!!! I especially love the baby card. So terrific, Patti!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Patti! That is just wonderful news. Such a precious card! That will certainly be a favorite keepsake. Oh, and thanks for hosting the swap. I posted my card from DeeDee if you'd care to look.

Lori Saul said...

Congratulations to you and what glorious art you have made here- absolutely stunning and brimming with love already!