Thursday, January 28, 2010

WE ATE THE WHOLE THING !

We recently went to Portland, OR for a follow up visit to Alan's eye surgeon.
All is fine with that. The piece of tumor that he was unable to remove because it was to close to the optical nerve has not grown so we are good there for now. He has another follow up in 6 months.


We took the tram from OSMC to Casey Eye Institute and this is the view of Portland from the tram



We went to a Mediterranean Restaurant for lunch and I ordered a spinach, mozzerrlla cheese pizza. It was delicious. Each table is served a huge piece of their flat bread. OMG! It was probably 30 inches in diameter.

It was warm and you just tear off a piece and dip it in Hummis. It was sooooo good. We ate half for lunch and took the rest back to our hotel room for dinner so we ate the whole thing!

Oh by the way...the day we left for Portland I weighed myself and I have finally reached my weight loss goal. In fact I am 2 lbs under my goal so this was a celebration!

8 comments:

Sueann said...

That flatbread was huge!!! And looked divine! And woohoo...congrats on your weight loss goal being achieved! That is super! Good for you!
Hugs
SueAnn

Judi said...

Hi Patti
Oh thank goodness for your hubby. I hope things stay as they are...I will hold him in my prayers.

I love that pizza! I would love to have one of those right now and its only breakfast time. Don't you love Mediterranean type foods...next to Italian I sure do.

It looks like you had a good trip. AND you've been losing weight too. Good for you and it sounds like you feel good about that too! *hugs*. I'm still on my food watch....

have a wonderful day
Judi

Anonymous said...

Oh Patti, What wonderful news for Alan and for you! Thank you for sharing.

Pizza and Hummus ...yummy!

Hugs and love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got good news! That is just wonderful. I'm also happy that you reached your goal! Such dedication.

Brenda Salzano said...

wow, I have wanted to take that tram too! So glad Allen is doing ok health wise, and where is that restaurant! I want to take john there for some of that bread. We have a little place here called, the Mediterranean greek place. Lets go to lunch there some day??

Hugs my bestest friend!

Poetic Artist said...

I am glad for the news of your husband. That flat bread looks yummy. You had to share that when I am in the middle of no where and can not get wonderful yummy food.
LOL

Mollye said...

Hi Patti, So glad that Alan's appointment was sucessful and is behind him for another 6 months. I know you two had fun in Portland and with your new snazzy and slimmer self! Proud of you girl, Love ya, Mollye

Unknown said...

Patti glad your DH is doing well. I am sure that is a relief.

AND OMG that bread looks WONDERFUL!

Here is my email addie:
beck51161@yahoo.com I contacted Linda but I guess she didn't get my email.Here is the one I have for her.linsart@sbcglobal.net

Can't wait for the swap:)
XXX Becky