Sunday, May 30, 2010

IN MEMORY OF MY DADDY


My Daddy served our country in WWII. He joined the Marine Corp at the age of 17. He served for three years in 5 major battles and was missing in action for 9 months. He contacted malaria and it weakened his heart. A heart attack took him from me when I was only 7 years old, he was 32.

This is a picture of my Daddy sitting in front of his barracks in New York City. I have had this picture for years. It sat on my dresser from the time he died until about 5 years ago I put it with his metals, his marine corp ring and the American flag in a flag box.


Now it hangs on my wall.


This is an ACEO that I created in Photoshop about 2 years ago. You can see the image of the photo that sat on my dresser in the background.

War is a horrible thing but necessary to keep our country free.
I would like to thank all who served and those who gave their lives to keep America Free.
God Bless America

I miss you Daddy

7 comments:

Sueann said...

Hugs to you hun!
I miss my daddy too. He served as well.
SueAnn

Mollye said...

Thank you my friend for sharing your daddy with us.

Junibears said...

I think this is a lovely remembrance of your Daddy. Mine came through the war with just a shrapnel wound but I still lost him as my parents divorced after the war.
Hugs
June xx

Unknown said...

I love you gramma... from Bri

Unknown said...

He was a wonderful daddy...I am sure...so sorry he passed when you were so young. I wish we could have known him. Every time I see him... I see Tony in his face... don't you...Love ya Mama..Mica

Coos River Dancing said...

Patti,
That is so sad when a Dad isn't able to watch his little girl grow up and when a little girl doesn't have her Dad in her life to hug. You are such a strong and compassionate woman, Patti, that I'm sure your Dad was with you in spirit throughout your growing-up years. Wonderful tribute from a daughter!
xoxo,
Nadine

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. You always seem to retell your memories wonderfully. I'm sure your father must know what a lady you've become.