Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hang Up The Baby's Stocking


Little girl in stocking
Be sure you don't forget!
The dear little dimpled darling,
She never saw Christmas yet!
But I've told her all about it,
And she opened her big blue eyes;
And I'm sure she understood it-
She looked so funny and wise.

Little boy in stocking
Dear, what a tiny stocking!
It doesn't take much to hold
Such little pink toe's as baby's
Away from the frost and the cold
But then, for the baby's Christmas,
It will never do at all.
Why! Santa wouldn't be looking
For anything half so small.

I know what I will do for the baby.
I've thought of the very best plan.
I'll borrow a stocking of Grandma's,
The longest that ever I can
And you'll hang it by mine, dear mother,
Right here in the corner so!
And leave a letter to Santa,
And fasten it in the toe.


Write-this is the baby's stocking,
That hangs in the corner here.
You never have seen her, Santa,
For she only came this year
But she's just the blessed'st baby.
And now before you go,
Just cram her stocking with goodies







From Luke Chapter Two


And it came to pass in those day there went out a decree from Ceasar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.


And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.


And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem: (because he was of the house and lineage of David)


And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.

And she brought forth her first-born son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manager; because there was no room for them at the inn.

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night

And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them; and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.



My Gift


Shepherd and Lamb
What can I give Him
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd,
I would give Him a lamb,
If I were a Wise Man,
I would do my part-
But what can I give Him,
Give my heart.
-Christina Rossetti













From Little Women


Victorian Girls around Christmas Tree
"Merry Christmas, little daughters! I'm glad you began at once, and hope you will keep on. But I want to say one word before we sit down. Not far away from here lies a poor woman with a little new-born baby. Six children are huddled into one bed to keep from freezing, for they have no fire. There is nothing to eat over there; and the oldest boy comes to tell me they are suffering hunger and cold. My girls, will you give them your breakfast as a Christmas present?"
Louisa May Alcott















No comments: