Thursday, February 15, 2007

Good friends

I was plesently surprised when my dearest freind in Louisville, KY sent a Christmas card to my old address in CA and it was forwarded to me here in Coos Bay just a couple of weeks ago. You see, she had moved also and we lost contact. Her name is Amy and we met about 18 years ago. She is the same age as my youngest son so she calls me Mom. We went through alot together and I was so happy to hear from her. She is a undercover Seargent for the police dept. in Lousiville and has raised her daughter by herself. She is a very strong individual in many ways.

She told me that she had recently had an unfortunate accident and was now disabled at a very young age. She was on scene of an accident and was standing near the back of the car she had pulled over when she was hit by another vehicle that was a "looky loo" and pinned her leg between the two cars. She just had surgery and is recovering but will have to walk with a cane for the rest of her life. My prayers are with her.

I guess the moral of this story is keep your eyes on the road even when you pass an accident!

2 days later I got a birthday card that had been delivered at my old address and had also been forwarded to me. It had been a couple of years since I heard from her and I was so surprised about that also. She did not know we had moved either. She sent her phone number and I immediatley gave her a call. It was as if we had never been apart. Her name is Betty and we had actuallly worked togehter at the same place that Amy and I had worked many years after Amy left the company.

What a week...I found 2 of my long lost friends.

No comments: