Thursday, August 21, 2014

HARD TO BELIEVE!

 I remember watching my Mother wash clothes in a wringer washer like this

Then she got me one when I married at the age of 15 and I washed my first Son's diapers in a tub  like the one seen here on the floor. I rubbed blisters on my knuckles using a washboard until I got my brand new electric wringer washer!

I can't believe how time flies and how technology has progressed
Now I have a state of the art front loader and dryer to match both with digital settings.

Looking back at photos like this make me feel old but blessed.
Did you have a washer like this too?

3 comments:

Anne said...

I do remember how wringer washer and put rubber diapers through that wringer diapers and explodes and I ruined a couple of shirts
Did you ever get anything caught in a wringer?or ruined a couple of shirts?
I remember the wringer washer diapers wrapped around the wringer,If it does, an article of the wash may
wrap several times around a roller before it is noticed; unwinding such a
piece is often difficult, sometimes impossible without removing a roller .

Anne said...

Tell me the adventure of you have when ,
the clothes you have washed with wringer washer

Healing Woman said...

Hi Patti,
Sorry I haven't been here for awhile. Life gets complicated doesn't it?
I do love these pics. Yes, my mother had one and I helped her with washing clothes too but ours was tempermental. There were a lot of fun memories coming from the use of that washer! Thanks so much for showing.
Cheryl