Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Wedding Cake Keepsake Box


This month our Etsy Team had a challenge. To make something from recycled things we had lying around. I have lots of that kind of stuff but had a round cardboard box that a friend had given me to alter so I used that.


I covered the outside with satin ribbon and lace and added a satin bow to the front. The top of the box is orginal but I embellished it with a picture of a Victorian Bride and Groom and put it in a metal frame between glass and accented that with a pink fused glass heart and added the pink spotted feathers.

I had no intentions of making a wedding cake but when it was finished it lookes so much like a wedding cake I named it "Wedding Cake Keepsake Box".

It would be a great place for a new bride to keep her garter, petals from her bouquet or the key from the honeymoon suite or any other sentimental items she would like to keep from her wedding or honeymoon.

So...what do you think?
It is for sale in my Etsy Shop today !

7 comments:

Art From The heart said...

Lovely!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness this is FABULOUS!
XOXOXO
Becky

Ann said...

gorgeous!!!

sjmcdowell said...

You did a wonderful job!!
I love it!!!!

Blessings and Hugs,

Susan
xxoo

Junibears said...

Just wonderful dear Patti. Everything you touch turns into a thing of beauty. This is a wonderful keepsake. xx

SherryD said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information. wedding cakes los angeles