Monday, May 30, 2011

Another Fantastic Barn


This is my very favorite barn of all. This barn is located east of Myrtle Point on Sitkum Lane and known by locals as the Long Barn. Although it was originally part of the Stemmler Homestead, Martin Long, a barn builder himself purchased the farm later and was responsible for much of the repair and upkeep. Built as a dairy, the 80 year old barn is currently owned by Bob and Ann Sproul.
I just love this barn. The wood is so beautiful and the design is wonderful!

4 comments:

Art From The heart said...

What a great barn, don't think I've seen one quitye like it.
Thanks for sharing, I love the old barns.
Hugs

Plush Possum Studio said...

Yippeee! I get to trade this time with you!!!! Good old Blissfull.
Rose

PS That is one stunner of a pretty old barn. I'd love to be there to se it in person.
You know, I could see you writing a lovely book all about your love of old barns.
Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

I love the architecture of this barn. Isn't it great when people take the time to preserve buildings.

BECKY said...

Oh, I love barns, too! How unique and beautiful!