Wednesday, October 21, 2009

HOME AGAIN



I finally made it home after missing my flight on Sunday. I felt so bad that my son had to turn around anc come back and get me but my son Tony and is family made it a fun day with them browsing book stores which my son is addicted to.

Seems as though you have to be at the airport 2 hours before boarding to go through security if you are checking luggage. I didn't make it so I missed my flight. I had to be at the airport at 4AM the next morning. Funny thing was, I arrived on time but NO ONE was working the counter until 5:30AM UGH!!

When I arrived home my dogs were waiting for me in the back of our PT cruiser. They licked my face off they were so happy to see me.



I arrived in Las Vegas around 8PM on Thursday. The original itinerary was to arrive at 3PM but my flight was delayed due to fog in Coos Bay on that day. We boarded after an hour and 45 minutes delay only to have the pilot tell us to dis board due to the air traffic in San Francisco. We had another hour delay.


I had a three hour layover in San Francisco which I expected and while I was there I was able to see the Blue Angles take off and land since they were in town for a show that weekend. That was fun.

On Friday I sent time with some old friends and then my son David took me to lunch and on the way he told me about this building that is being constructed . It is a brain clinic and deals with Alzheimer patients and people with brain disorders. Now if I did not have a brain problem before I saw this building I may have afterwards! This is just weird!

This is my oldest son David. He is the district manager for the Operating Engineers in Las Vegas.
I am so proud of him. He has worked very hard and a lot of years to get to where he is now and soon he will be promoted again.
This is D'Angelo, my middle son and Tony my youngest son. They are enjoying a few moments remembering old times with their older brother.

Remember my oldest granddaughter Melissa? Yep, here she is with her boyfriend. Don't they make a cute couple? She is enjoying working as a cook since she graduated from Cor don Bleu Collage last year. She plans to take another course sometime in the near future. I am so proud of her.

This is Angela, Melissa's younger sister. She just turned 18 and is in the color guard at her high school. We went to watch her marching band competition and they took first place. I am so proud of her. She is such a sweet girl and has a great sense of humor. She is tiny but has a great big heart.

Melissa Renee and Angela Marie

Lori Loo and Lisa my wonderful daughter in laws
Mica was unable to be there since she was not feeling well and did not want to leave Missy the puppy alone. We caught up with her later at her and Tony's home in Escondido

My sweet sweet Lori, she is the sweetest person and so bubbly, she makes us all smile!

Here are all the girls. My daughter in laws Lori, and Lisa and Me
My granddaughters Angie, Ashley, my son's Mother in law Paulene and Melissa.
My youngest granddaughter in front Abriana.

Here are all the boys. In the back is Vincent, my oldest grandson. D'Angelo my middle son, Donovan my youngest grandson, Tony my youngest son, David my oldest son and Davin, David's grandson.


I arrived at D'Angelo and Lori's home on Sunday night. I got to baby sit my grandson Donovan all day Monday. This is him after his shower all bundled up in his towel. He is a character! He has a sense of humor just like his Mom! Loved this day just me and Donovan!

After an afternoon with my old friends from work I rented a car and drove to my youngest son's house.
This is my youngest granddaughter Abriana, she is into colonial and prairie times and gave us a little preformance. She is so cute! Looks like me too!
And Vinnie, my oldest grandson. He just turned 15 years old, is yearning to drive and is way beyond his age in school. He and Abriana have been home schooled all of their lives and they are so more advanced than regular school children. Abriana is 8 years old and reads at a 7th grade level. Vinnie is close to college level. He is very smart in computers, math, relegion and music. Oh my gosh! He can play piano and has for many years. He plays the guitar and sings and writes his own music which blows me away!

I am so proud of all my family and I had a wonderful time. I wish I lived closer but for now I will have to rely on an air plane to take me to see them as often as possible. Let me say though, after all my delays and problems getting to and from my destination I think I will pick a different airline than United.

It is always nice to get home. Back to my hubby and my dogs and my creating. I have lots of email to answer, lots of mail to open, lots of house cleaning to catch up on and the holidays are upon us so I need to get creating. Our Etsy Team was interviewed by the local news paper yesterday and they are going to take pictures of our window display tomorrow so I am excited about that. Life is good and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family and friends including all of you!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, how wonderful to see Everybody. I miss each one. What a wonderful, talented, beautiful family you have Patti. It is very nice to face such wonderful computer age to be able to share. Love Tracy

Sueann said...

What a beautiful family! And I am so glad your visit went well!
Thanks for sharing this part of your life!
Hugs
SueAnn

Anonymous said...

Patti!
Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful precious family photos!
OH, my your sons are gorgeous! Italian stalions? (lol) did say that? shhh* Your dil's look like they are just so fun and full of life! I can see why you love them so much! So sorry you did not have mica to share in all of that fun after flying so far! Is she okay?
Now Lady.. lets talk about you!
You look beautiful!
Your hair is wonderful and that color on you is beautiful my dear!
You look so happy and the children and grandchildren look estatic!
Vincent is gorgeous too and he looks like your son! That is too much.. and his little sister looks just like YOU! I know you are proud.. Melissa is wonderful and beautiful. How wonderful you had such a great time.
Patti, you truly have a wonderful family!
I hope you get this posting.. I just found it today Sat. 24th.
Often when children are home schooled they are not so advanced as being a teacher myself, kudos to Mica and your son, for all they have allowed the kids to accomplish.. it takes a great abundance of work.
Vincent made my banner on my blog, I don't know if you ever knew that. He had a small job that weekend! lol
Hugs, Darlene xo

Anonymous said...

Patti, you must have had an absolutely wonderful time surrounded by all your gorgeous family! You are looking so well! It must have been a nice treat to have one more day. I bet those dogs were delighted to see you but not as much as hubby was! Hope you're all rested up.

Mollye said...

Hi Patti, Thanks girl for sharing your family with us. You have a beautiful family and they all look like they love you so much. God is so good to pick us for the Mothers of our children isn't he. Sometimes my heart just about bursts from the overwhelming feelings of thankfulness for my family. I'm glad you got to spend this time with them and I've gotta say your dogs are just gorgeous Patti. Glad you're back home, Hugs, Mollye