Monday, August 18, 2008

Our Visit to Marysville, WA


Hello my friends. We returned from our trip to Marysville where my son Tony and his family live.We had a very nice visit with them. It was so good to see them all and give hugs.

On the other hand...we drove for about 45 minutes just to find where Freedom was and when we finally found her the Wildlife Reserve was disappointing.

There were a couple of eagles, a couple of owls, a red tailed hawk, some other small birds and Freedom. There was no one around and the cages were not marked. I happen to see a young man eating his lunch in the shade and ask if that was Freedom over there and he said yes, otherwise we would have never known that was Freedom. We ask if Jeff, the man that saved her was there and he said Jeff had been there but left for the day.


I don't know what I expected but I thought that maybe there would be more animals. I am glad that there weren't because these birds were all to crippled or not able to be in the wild. I thought that at least there would be some information on cages. Especially Freedom since she us such a special bird. I am glad we went but wish Jeff would have been there to tell the story about how he found her and the love she actually showed him when he found out his cancer was gone. Anyway...here are pictures of our visit .


We stopped at a blown glass factory and saw so many beautiful pieces.

I had to laugh when I read this sign..Mixed Media...he used it for an abstract piece he did. Guess we aren't the only artists that use that term.


Just look at these pieces!


This is me with my handsome son Tony on Saturday afternoon just before he left for Westminster Seminary College to observe where he will be attending in just a few weeks.
I am so proud of him.


This is a Hoot Owl


Barn Owl

Redtail Hawk

This eagle has lost a wing. Poor thing will never be released to the wild.




White Owl...he was very pretty.


Here she is....Freedom!


She greeted us with a nice skreech!

What a magneficant bird!



In this picture I was talking to her and she looks like she is listening. She is pretty large and very sweet. I am so glad she and Jeff found each other.

Of course we left a donation for the reserve. My husband is going to try to contact someone there about better identification or a guide through the reserve. We were just a bit disappointed that's all.

The last evening we were there, my wonderful daughter in law, Mica of Gar-boodles taught me how to make jewelry. This is the piece I did.



Here she is making a green tea smoothie. She is so cute and such a funny lady. We did a lot of laughing!

Anyway, glad to be home. Our dogs were very happy to see us. Now I have to get back to reality and do the laundry, cooking and cleaning.....after I read my emails and do some visiting of your blogs.


7 comments:

kimberly said...

oh...wonderful pictures of Freedom....so glad you shared!
hugs,
kimberly

Unknown said...

if only we would have crashed Jen & Dirks wedding !!! It was a short but very sweet visit with you. so glad you liked the soldering jewelery. We will miss you until we meet again. I have some other pictures of our day on my home school blog if you want to see or take them too that's fine. You and Tony look really red in that picture. It was a hot day !!! Love you much. Mica

Jennifer Minick said...

it looks like u had alot of fun on ur trip! i love all that blown glass, its beautiful.

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Patti, you are so pretty in purple... I loved all of your photos. love nita

Lydia said...

So good to hear about your nice trip. Sorry about the info not being posted about Freedom.

Soldering is fun. Your piece is very sweet. I took a class w/a local artist, and my sister-in-law does stain glass. I need to practice, and get my irons. One for me and one for my daughter. She can't wait to learn.

xo Lydia

Linsart said...

Hey Patti, Welcome Home ! Glad you had a good visit with your family. Love all of the pictures, and the owls are fantastic too! Yes, you look great in that color,and so happy next to your son and daughter in law !
Linda
linsart

Flora-tz said...

The owls reminds me of Harry Potter stories...Alas!Long gone are those innocent happy days immerged in the world of magic and fantasy!