Saturday, November 3, 2007

THREE NEW COLLAGES

These are three new collages I did today. I am posting them for the Art Every Day group.

My inspiration is from all of the wonderful artists blogs that I view each day. "Thrifty Collage Artist" http://thriftycollageartist.blogspot.com/
had an instructional blog about one of her pieces. Looking at her work and reading her blog made a real difference in my work. She has such a sense of humor ...check it out it is very interesting.


I am having so much fun!!!!




6 1/2" x 4 1/2"
Mat Stack backing covered with a layer of Gesso. Added water color paints of four colors, violet, blue, burgundy and green. embellished with a dried flower petal. Victorian photo of a young gypsy girl, asian print, french print and numbers. Accented wtih colored tiny pencil dots and larger acrylic paint dots.





6 1/2 x 4 1/2"
Mat Stack backing covered with a layer of Gesso.
Painted with blue vintage milk paint. Dabs of water color paints in blue, orange, yellow, and red. I also added hot pink tissue paper. Embellished with a seal from the Carlton Building in Jersey City, New Jersey dated 1935. This seal belonged to my Father. The word barefoot reminded me of "Barefoot and Pregnant" , it just fit in with all those children! I added faces of children around a picture of a woman that looks frazzled holding a very large rose. She does seem delighted with all of her children. I trimmed each side with nylon petals .





6 1/2 x 4 1/2"
Mat Stack backing covered with a layer of Gesso.
Water color paints of red, blue, red, violet, & lavender. the number 2573 cut from collage paper. A red rose, A Special Delivery Tag, a few stamps and real butterfly wings adorn the young Victorian girls face. This one was a lot of fun!























I also received another treat from Susan Ramey Cleveland at Black B
erry Creek http://blackberrycreek.typepad.com/blackberry

It's this cute Halloween Tag. Thanks Susan, I love it!

2 comments:

sukipoet said...

Great collages. You meld the disparate pieces well. I like the dots in the second one. I too make collages but have a hard time, I think, melding into a whole.

pchickki said...

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment! I am learning and the more I do the more I get the feel.