Sunday, September 2, 2012
This is Lucky, the dog my husband rescued after he fell out of a vehicle and got hit by a car.
We visited him yesterday. He is scheduled to see a vet for his injuries on Tuesday. He seems to be okay but he does limp a bit.
His owners did contact the shelter but are unable to come get him this weekend and they have no money for gas. His name is actually YoYo. They will also have to pay fees for being in the shelter and get his shots if has not had them and then they will have to get rabies vaccine so they can get a license and dog tags. I worry he won't get to go home. We will wait to see what happens on Tuesday and go from there. At this point it is out of my hands. The owners have to sign papers relinquishing ownership before he can be put up for adoption.
I know one thing for certain...I will not let this dog be put down. If I have to I will go to the media and get the word out there with my story and try to get donations to save this dogs life. I can't save them all and wish I could but if I can save YoYo I will.