Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The eyes have it!







Well I finally did it. I got contacts!

After 3 years of irritating glasses that just didn't seem to help, I went to see the eye doctor.
Along with the blurred vision while wearing my glasses that I got from a doctor in California, I also had a problem with what I thought was a floater.

For those of you that do not know about floaters they are little things that float around in your eyes sometimes causing the sensation of bugs flying around and sometimes like little pieces of lint floating around. Everyone gets them as they age.

A few weeks ago I had flashes of light in the corner of my right eye and then it seems as if one of those floaters became very large and was obstructing my vision in that eye. This and the fact that my glasses we not helping lead me to make an appointment.

The doctor told me that the bi-focal in my glasses was placed incorrectly and was right in the middle of my pupil. What! Yes, the doctor in California had made my glasses with the bi-focal right in the middle of my glasses. No wonder my vision was not good.

The doctor then ask me if I had ever considered contacts. Well yes I had but the other doctor had never offered them to me, I thought that it was because at the young age of 38 I had cataracts in both eyes and had to have them removed and implant lens put in both eyes. The cataracts were caused from to much sun. I lived in Las Vegas at the time and laid out to get tan and the doctor said that is probably what caused it being I was so young.

She did the exam and told me that I had a large piece of calcium that had torn away from the back of my eye and when it tore is when I saw the light in the corner of my eye. She said that it would eventually break up and not be so noticeable and that I would probably have the same thing in my other eye. She said that this normal and that it happens to everyone at some point in their older years.

My implants are fine, eye pressure is good so I am now wearing contacts for distance. I will only need to wear reading glasses for close up. I must say, things are looking pretty clear tonight. THE EYES HAVE IT.

Thought I would share this information with all of you so if you get these symptoms you won't panic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear things went well. How nice not to have to be so dependent on glasses! I wanted to stop in and let you know I'm having a give away to celebrate the birth of my granddaughter and her big sister. I'm fly out to Washington to see them. Both are so special to me, I wanted to share a bit of my joy. So, I hope you'll stop in!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I am happy to hear things went well for you too. Thank you so much for your kind comments on my site. Nita

Anonymous said...

Ø Chucked Your Glasses and Got Infection Instead?
Ø Spent a Bomb on Lenses that don’t Fit?
Ø Suffering from eye infections and allergic reactions to lens care solutions?
Ø Did your contact lens give you scratched corneas and red eyes?

Check out EyeCare.com